The GATE 2018 Exam is crucial for those who are looking forward to pursuing M.Tech, i.e, Master of Technology. Hope the aspirants have already applied for GATE 2018 exam by now. Here we updated some essential facts about the examination for candidates.
GATE 2018 Important Facts
- The examination is conducted for 22 papers, and all the 22 papers are held online by Computer-based test (CBT). Online Examination consists of both numerical type questions and MCQs. Mathematical type questions should be answered using virtual keypad.
- Biometric Information (Photographs and Fingerprints) can be randomly selected with the start of the examination.
- GATE 2018 Examination is held in both forenoon and afternoon sessions on alternate weekends. The exam is conducted on different dates from February 3 to February 11, 2018. Complete details about examination are scheduled and notified here.
- The entire process of filling the application form, updating certificates/documents are online for the GATE Exam 2018. Candidates will not be asked to send any hard copies to the zonal GATE Office.
- Application form payment should be made through online modes like net banking, debit/credit cards and also through e-challan.
- Admit Cards will be available for candidates through online just a few days before the examination. Make sure that no hard copy of hall ticket will be sent to candidate’s postal address. So, download the admit card only from the official website by following all the required rules. From a source, we heard that admit card will be available for candidates from January 5, 2018, for download.
- GATE 2018 is valid for three years from the date of announcement of results.
Questions types in GATE 2018 Exam
- GATE 2018 Exam consists of both objective type and numerical type of questions.
- Multiple choice questions can be answered by taking help of given choices.
- For the numerical type of questions, choices will not be given.